Which Mill apartment will be best for you? Lots of our guests have a favourite apartment but that doesn’t help you choose because some love Spinners, some love Carders Corner, some insist on Wheel House and just as many adore Bobbin Box!
– Every apartment has a similar layout – double bedroom, twin bedroom, lounge diner, kitchen and bathroom. They all have the same equipment (full sized over, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge & freezer, dishwasher, TV & DVD player etc).
– Each double bedroom has a four poster – the ones in Carders Corner and Spinners were hand made for the mill by a local sculptor, Wheel House has a magnificent wooden one and Bobbin Box has what a lot of people call a “princess bed” because it has a lot of drapes.
– The twin bedrooms in Carders Corner, Spinners & Wheel House have room for an extra temporary bed or a cot. There isn’t room for any more beds in Bobbin Box but you could put a cot in the double bedroom.
– The lounge in Wheel House has a sofa and 2 arm chairs, the others have modular sofas which can be moved together so that you can cwtch up (a Welsh word which sort of means hug) the one in Bobbin Box is cloth covered, the others are leather.
– Wheel House has its entrance out to the garden from the lounge. The others have theirs from a bedroom.
– Carders Corner and Spinners are on the entrance level, so no stairs and also only us (Chris & Samantha) above you. These are probably the most likely to be quieter. Carders Corner looks West across the Wheel garden, where other people are most likely to be if they are outside. Spinners looks East and has my favourite view of the river from the bedroom but all the double bedrooms and kitchens have great views of the river (it’s only 3 meters from the house!). I would guess that Spinners has the best chance of being quietest?
If you would like to talk it through, give us a call on 01239 698 390.