We may be able to accommodate a well behaved dog in our Wheel House apartment by prior agreement only. Please ring us on 01239 698 799 if you would like to bring a dog with you.
The Valley is a wonderful place for your dog to enjoy a holiday with you, with woods and meadows to run in and rivers to splash through. There are few sights more wonderful than a happy dog running through our fields. There are just a few things we ask to make sure you and your dog stay comfortable:
- Please make sure that you know what your dog is doing and where it is! Never leave your dog alone, especially in the Mill.
- The frontwalled gardens immediately outside of Wheel House is designed to keep dogs safely enclosed, as long as you keep the gates shut and your dog cannot climb the wall. Please make sure that your dog does not get out into the gardens unattended and that it never goes out onto the road unless it is on a lead.
- The flooring in Wheel House has been designed with dogs in mind, except for the twin bedroom. Please don’t let your dog into the bedrooms or get onto the sofas, no matter how cosy they are!
- Even the best behaved dogs can make mistakes in an unfamiliar environment – you are responsible for any damage or nuisance caused by your dog.
- Please clean up after your dog, every time, even in the woods and meadows.
- You will need to dust and vacuum Wheel House thoroughly before you leave to make sure that there are no animal hairs hiding anywhere.
- Sorry but don’t use the washing machine for dog blankets or towels – we have to keep the communal machines free from animal hair.
- There is an outside tap available for dog washing. Let us know if you would like a hose.
We are sure that you would never bring a dog to the Mill that would be a problem but, if your dog causes a nuisance to us or other people, you will have to make other arrangements very quickly.
Clwb Kennels – the best boarding kennel in Pembrokeshire, is just a few minutes walk up the road, run by one of the nicest couples you could meet. Mrs Askew is on 01239 698 650. They do accept dogs for the day and also will let you take your dog out for the day if you are boarding them overnight.